Ashley B. wrote, "Hello Outblush! First, gush ... y'all are so fun! I read through your posts daily and have done most of my holiday shopping simply by browsing your blog. Thank you! Second, I'm engaged, hurray! I'm sure you get that a lot. I have y'all to thank, though, because you cut through all my wedding confusion with the most beautiful dress in one of your other personal shopper feature. In that feature, the shopper wanted a Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief- esque dress, but NOT in white. Well ... I'd simply be happy with that dress in white or cream ... and on a budget - preferably less than $1,000 (including alterations, which would probably put my price range around $800 ... I think?). I'm a size 4/6 in normal dress sizes, I'm looking at October for the wedding and I would LOVE y'all even more than I already do if you could help narrow the field for me. Turns out weddings are pretty overwhelming! Thank you! Ashley"
Aww, thanks Ashley, you're a sweetie pie! We've tracked down eight Grace Kellyesque (that should be a word, shouldn't it?) gowns to help you look and feel like the princess you are on your wedding day. Drop us a line in the comments & let us know how we did!
1. Max & Cleo Strapless Crinkle Chiffon Gown ($208)
2. J. Crew Silk Chiffon Arabelle Gown ($495)
3. J. Crew Silk Chiffon Whitney Gown ($200-425 on sale)
4. Colleen McGuirk Cream Silk Chiffon Hand Draped Gown ($850)
5. J. Crew Silk Chiffon Taryn Gown ($495)
6. Love, Yu Woven Georgette Gown ($1,000)
7. Lo-Ve-La by Liz Fields Strapless Empire Gown (STyle LF8224) ($258 on sale)
8. Theia Beaded White Strapless Gown ($695)
Frustrated in your search for that perfect leather handbag, red stiletto pump, or whatever makes your heart go thump in the night? Click here to check out our requests for you, the reader, and to contact us, and we might do the shopping work for you in a future Personal Shopper feature!
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.