"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." Miss Piggy's guerilla tactics may be a bit extreme, but her take on the old saying has some clout. Beauty may indeed be in the eye of the beholder, but there's no reason why we can't encourage that eye to appreciate what it beholds. Here we have a list of ten tried and true products that should be in every woman's make-up bag/medicine cabinet/pocket book.
1. Concealer: Some days we don't need it, some (ok maybe most - don't judge) we do, but we always have a good concealer on hand to brighten up those under eye bags and even out spots of patchy skin or the occasional blemish. The Sue Devitt Automatic Camouflage ($24) provides solid coverage but doesn't cake or clump.
2. Bronzer: Even in the darkest depths of winter, bronzer gives you a healthy, sun-kissed glow. The Body Shop Shimmer Waves ($22) comes in three color pallettes and will give you just the right amount of color and glow. The individual color waves also double as great eye shadows.
3. Lip gloss: This Philosophy Lip Shine in pumpkin spice ($12) goes on smooth and lasts a good spell. Oh, and it's delicious.
4. Mascara: Mascara is the perfect make-up - it goes on in seconds, fits in even the slimmest clutch, and gives you instant sexy. Blinc Mascara ($24) wraps your lashes in waterproof "tubes" that'll give you volume and length like you've never seen before.
5. Body Butter: No one likes ashy elbows or husky legs. Body Shop Body Butter ($20) is luxurious, affordable, and is available in a wide variety of intoxicating scents like Wild Cherry and Moroccan Rose. Slather some on after a long hot shower and revel in your baby-soft skin.
6. Perfume: Every girl should have a fragrance that smells just right on her. The Michael Kors signature scent ($70) is a light, floral perfume that is subtle, feminine, and lovely.
7. Biosilk: Biosilk ($13) is bottled magic. It may or may not contain fairy dust and liquid happiness. A pea size amount in your hair gives you shine and cuts down on the fly-aways. Also works great as a moisturizer.
8. 4-Sided Nail Buffer: The Ms. Manicure High Gloss Shiner & Buffer ($2) is like stowing a tiny manicurist in your cupboard. It smooths out the ridges in your nails and can buff them to a high shine.
9. Moisturizer: Daily facial moisturizer should soften skin and protect it from our dermatological arch nemesis - the sun. Peter Thomas Roth Max All Day Moisture Defense Cream with SPF 30 ($42) will keep your skin soft and wrinkle-free.
10. Face Wash: Healthy skin is clean skin. A good facial cleanser should remove make-up and the grime and gunk of daily life, but not strip away your skin's natural oils. Philosophy Purity is strong enough to send all the nasty stuff down the drain without taking any of the good stuff with it.
If you've got a product or service that you'd like to promote on Outblush, click here to find out about our advertising opportunities.