5 Cute Valentine's Day Outfits
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and whether you have a hot date planned or not, we have all the tips you'll need to ensure you look great (because you can dress up for yourself, too).
Below are 5 ideas to help you choose the perfect outfit for the day of love.
1. Wear red: Right, we know holidays can be cringeworthy, especially when you're sticking to a bit of a color scheme, but nothing says 'love' like the color red. More than that, though, red really makes a bold statement.
Wear a red midi dress with a pair of ankle booties, a red pantsuit, or even a red top and white skinny jean combination.
2. Wear all-white: Much like red, white is another perfect color for the holiday of love, and an all-white combination looks crisp and elegant. Try out co-ordinates like a white crop top and high-waisted shorts combination, or a full skirt and body suit — simple, yet sophisticated.
3. Bring out the ruffles: Ruffles were very popular on multiple runways in 2016, and they're not going anywhere yet. Plus there's nothing quite as feminine and romantic as a ruffle skirt. Wear it with a black turtleneck and a pea coat for a more formal look, or tone down the ruffles by pairing it with a simple blouse.
4. Lace: Again, sticking to the flirty fabrics like lace is a great option for Valentine's Day. You can't go wrong with a little black dress for a date night, especially if that little black dress is lace. Wear it with a pair of pumps and style it with a longline blazer or a leather jacket. While this may seem like an anti-Valentine's Day look, we assure you it's on point.
5. Go full out and embrace the novelty prints: If there's one day of the year when it's perfectly acceptable to wear little heart prints, Feb. 14 is it.
[Image via Getty]