10 of Michelle Obama's Best Fashion Moments
During her reign as First Lady of the United States, Michelle Obama became as well-known for her amazing sense of style as for her dedication to improving the health of American’s children. Much of her claim to fame was her amazing ability to mix high and low fashion and always look perfectly polished for every occasion. Take a look at ten of her best fashion moments.
1. Back in 2009, Mrs. Obama turned heads in a flowing Jason Wu gown at the Inaugural Ball. The gown is now memorialized at the Smithsonian Museum, complete with all her perfectly styled accessories.
2. In 2011, Mrs. O set the London fashion scene ablaze when she wore a colorful circle skirted dress and brightly hued bolero jacket to meet The Queen.
3. The same year, jaws dropped when Mrs. O appeared sporting a slinky and sophisticated Naeem Khan gown for a State Dinner for German Chancellor Angela Merkel in Washington, D.C.
4. On the campaign trail in 2012, Mrs. O proved she could wear any brand and make it look when she sported an affordable checkered dress from ASOS.
5. At the Inaugural Parade, she showed that winter coats can be cute by pairing a Thom Browne coat with a shiny belt.
6. Back in 2013, Mrs. O shocked everyone by rocking a new haircut, with bangs. The bangs didn’t last long, but the casual cool Tracy Reese dress and contrasting flats that she wore to daughter Sasha’s dance recital was a classic summer look.
7. Once again she showed herself to be just like every other working woman in America by wearing a brightly colored Talbot’s dress on a flight to Florida.
8. At a 2015 State Dinner for the Japanese Prime Minister in Washington, D.C., Mrs. O sported a flowing purple gown.
9. Wearing a powder blue Carolina Herrera day dress, Mrs. O looked completely comfortable greeting Pope Francis at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland in 2015.
10. At an event for the White House Kitchen Garden, Mrs. O wore high-top Converse with skinny jeans and a plaid shirt topped with a cargo vest.
[Image via Shutterstock]